The letter below expresses the true meaning of Christmas and what it means to be a Christian. It is what Jesus wants us to do, rather than get so upset about whether or not Nativity scenes are allowed on government property, and whether or not we say "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays", and whether we call them "Christmas trees" or "Holiday trees". As for "In God we Trust" on money, Jesus said, "Give to Caesar what is Caesar's and to God what is God's."(Matt. 22:21) It matters more to God what we do with our money, not what is printed on our money. Jesus cares about our regard for God and mankind. He said,"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. Love your neighbor as yourself."(Matt. 22:37-39) "I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine (those in need), you did for me." (Matt. 25:40) And as for praying in public schools and at public events, Jesus said, "And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like some who think they will be heard because of their many words. Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him." (Matt. 6:5-8)
Peace to you and blessings, now and in the coming year,
Letter from Jesus about Christmas --
It has come to my attention that many of you are upset that folks are taking My name out of the season. How I personally feel about this celebration of my earthly birth can probably be most easily understood by those of you who have been blessed with children of your own. I don't care what you call the day. If you really want to celebrate My birth, just get along and love one another.
Now, having said that, let Me go on. If it bothers you that the town in which you live doesn't allow a scene depicting My birth, then just put a Nativity scene on your own front lawn. If all My followers did that, there wouldn't be any need for such a scene on the town square because there would be so many Nativity scenes all around town.
Stop worrying about the fact that people are calling the tree a Holiday tree instead of a Christmas tree. It was I who made all trees. You can remember Me anytime you see any tree. Decorate a grapevine if you wish. I actually spoke of a grapevine in my teaching, explaining who I am in relation to you and what each of our tasks were. If you have forgotten that teaching, read John 15:1-8.
If you want to give a present in remembrance of My birth, here is my wish list:
1. Instead of writing protest letters objecting to the way My birthday is being celebrated, write letters of love and hope to soldiers away from home. They are terribly afraid and lonely this time of year. I know; they tell Me all the time.
2. Visit someone in a nursing home. You don't have to know them personally. They just need to know that someone cares about them.
3. Instead of writing the President complaining about the wording on the cards his staff sent out this year, write and tell him that you'll be praying for him and his family this year. Then follow up... It will be nice for Me to hear from you again.
4. Instead of giving your children and grandchildren a lot of gifts that they don't need, spend time with them. Tell them the story of My birth, and why I came to live with you down here. Hold them in your arms and remind them that I love them.
5. Pick someone that has hurt you and forgive him or her.
6. Did you know that someone in your town will attempt to take their own life this season because they feel so alone and hopeless? Since you don't know who that person is, try giving everyone you meet a warm smile; it could make the difference.
7. Instead of nit-picking about what the retailer in your town calls the holiday, be patient with the people who work there. Give them a warm smile and a kind word. Even if they aren't allowed to wish you a "Merry Christmas", that doesn't keep you from wishing them one. Then stop shopping there on Sundays. If the store didn't make so much money on that day, they'd close and let their employees spend the day at home with their families.
8. If you really want to make a difference, support a missionary-- especially one who takes My love and Good News to those who have never heard My name.
9. There are individuals and families in your town who not only will have no "Christmas" tree, but neither will they have any presents to give or receive. If you don't know them, buy some food and a few gifts and give them to the Salvation Army or some other charity which believes in Me and they will make the delivery for you.
10. Finally, if you really want to make a statement about your belief in and loyalty to Me, then behave like a Christian. Don't do things in secret that you wouldn't do in My presence. Let people know by your actions that you are one of mine.
Don't forget, I am God and can take care of Myself. Just love Me and do what I have told you to do. I'll take care of all the rest. Check out the list above and get to work. I'll help you, but the time is short. And do have a most blessed Christmas with all those whom you love.
And remember : I LOVE YOU. JESUS